12 December, 2009

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

I really started this week on a bad footing, my form was pretty horrendous and I felt about as festive as the remains of last years Christmas tree. I had a party to rectify the Scrooge Syndrome. Mince pies, a bit of Chris De Burgh, cheese, wine, Christmas beers and liqueurs.
The Sierra Celebration Ale is the pyjama beer I've been looking for...... Ideal for lounging with the Goonies and a ham and mustard sandwich. The nose is ripe fruit - peaches and melon with a little bit of cinnamon. The palate is hop, spice, fruit and very slightly piney. A touch of sweetness on the finish and really easy drinking.
Roll on the 25th, bed wear and a couple of cold Sierra Celebrations teemed with some turkey sandwiches and 'The Muppet Christmas Carol'. This has definitely made it into my top 10 Christmas drinks for Dec '09.
Ruthxx

No comments: